Participation In Initiatives
United Nations Global Compact
J. Front Retailing Group (the “Group”) signed the United Nations Global Compact (the “UN Global Compact”) on October 17, 2018.
The Group has strived for many years to develop as a fair and reliable corporation by practicing the “customer-first principle” and “contribution to society” under the spirit of its corporate credos “Service before profit” and “Abjure all evil and practice all good.” Based on this belief, we set a vision “Create and Bring to Life ‘New Happiness’” and strive to make customers’ futures happy. To this end, we aim to realize sustainable management based on the places where we communicate with customers. Individual workers, workplaces, and the environments that support them all are very important to make our communication places fruitful.
Initiatives on human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption, which are advocated by the UN Global Compact, are essential to value these communication places and we greatly agree with its spirit.
By signing the UN Global Compact, we will comply with its ten principles and fulfill our responsibilities as a corporate citizen more than ever. At the same time, we will be committed to achieving SDGs.
《UN Global Compact》
The UN Global Compact is a voluntary initiative under which businesses and other organizations participate in a global framework to act as good members of society and realize sustainable growth by demonstrating responsible and creative leadership. Businesses are expected to comply with the ten principles in the four areas including “human rights,” “labor,” “environment” and “anti-corruption.”
<The Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact>
|Human rights||Businesses should:
1. support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
2. make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
4. uphold the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor;
5. uphold the effective abolition of child labor; and
6. uphold the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
7. support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
8. undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
9. encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
10. work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
For details of the UN Global Compact: UN Global Compact
Japan Climate Initiative
We participated in the Initiative on September 11, 2018. It is a network of companies, local governments and NGOs that are actively implementing climate actions and agree to aim for decarbonization. By joining this network, we as a company will actively take climate actions to realize a decarbonized society.
For details of the Japan Climate Initiative:
Japan Climate Initiative
Women’s Empowerment Principles
We signed the Principles and were approved on October 4, 2018. They are a set of principles of action developed through a partnership between the UN Global Compact and UN Women to actively address initiatives to help empower women. By signing these Principles, we actively implement initiatives for women and aim to create an environment where all women are empowered.
For details of the Women’s Empowerment Principles: